Dr. Carol Alvarado, creator of Effervess Natural Oral Care products, explains Dry Mouth: Causes, Associated Problems, and Treatment
Dry mouth is a growing problem in dentistry. On a daily basis, Dr. Alvarado sees patients who suffer from dry mouth and the issues associated with dry mouth including tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores and bad breath!
It is not a disease, but a symptom of a medical disorder and/or most commonly, a side effect of popular medications including:
- Blood pressure medications
- Pain killers
- Even neurological medications for treatment of anti-anxiety and ADHD.
The combination of two or more of these medications dramatically increases dry-mouth effects.
With regular saliva production, your teeth are constantly bathed in a mineral-rich solution that helps keep your teeth strong and resistant to decay.
Dry mouth can lead to extensive tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores and bad breath.
- Extreme thirst.
- Waking up in the night needing water.
- Teeth feel rough like sand.
- Cheeks stick to your teeth.
- Lips feel dry.
Treating Dry Mouth
While there isn’t any cure for dry mouth, the sooner it gets diagnosed the less damage it does to your teeth. Here are some tips for treating your dry mouth.
- Swish with water in addition to drinking it.
- Chew sugarless gum that contains glycerin and Xylitol.
- Patients with dry mouth should have regular dental checkups. You should bring up-to-date medication list with you to your appointment.
- Dr. Alvarado created Effervess Oral Care products, which can help relieve the symptoms of dry mouth caused by medications.
- Effervess is called “Nature’s Oral Care” because the line features Aloe Vera, which is an ancient plant known for healing, moisturizing and antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Effervess also contains Xylitol a natural sweetener from American Birch Bark found to help fight plaque build-up and strengthen enamel.
- In fact, the Effervess O2 Whitening Gel is the ONLY whitening product on the market that contains Xylitol to fight cavities.
- The Effervess line does not contain any hydrated silica or baking soda, no SLS and no harsh chemicals.
- The Effervess Aloe Vera Tooth Paste contains calcium to help strengthen enamel and reduce sensitivity, often experience by those who have dry mouth.
- Many patients who suffer from dry mouth also experience overly dry lips. The Effervess Natural Vitamin E Lip Moisturizer is designed to help moisturize, smooth, heal and repair damaged skin…naturally. Vitamin E Oil is a known natural antioxidant. Its properties aid in anti-aging and restores the normal oil balance in the skin. Vitamin E helps provide protection, soothing relief and helps soften skin and lips
Effervess: Nature’s Oral Care Products can be purchased on the Effervess website www.effervess.com or on Amazon.
Over the past few years, we often tend to ignore the import of good supply in one way or the other. Still medications still help us. So it’s no wonder that online pharmacies have grown in popularity over the last years. Certainly it isn’t all. Betweentimes patients who are onlooking for remedies to determination hepatitis ask about sofosbuvir hepatitis c. What do you have to study about hepatitis c pill sovaldi? More information about Sovaldi available at sofosbuvir. Most patients possibly think the potency of Sovaldi is well documented. So it’s great to learn about it. Any remedy may also be used for purposes not listed in this short guide. Speak to your physician about the proper deletion of your remedy.