If you take medication for heart disease you are probably experiencing a very dangerous side effect: Dry Mouth.
- Blood pressure medications
- Cholesterol medication
The combination of two or more of these medications dramatically increases dry-mouth effects.
If you take any type of heart medication, it’s very important for you to take care of your dental health because Dry Mouth can lead to the following:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease, including bacterial infections.
- Fungal infections
- Mouth sores
- Bad breath
- Oral bacteria can affect the heart via the blood stream and then attaching to fatty plaques in the coronary arteries (heart blood vessels) and contributing to clot formation.
- Another possibility is that the inflammation caused by periodontal (gum) disease increases plaque buildup, which may contribute to swelling of the arteries.
Researchers have found that people with gum disease are almost twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease.
How Effervess, Natural Oral Products Can Help Patients With Heart Disease Have A Healthy Mouth
- Anti-Fungal/Anti-Bacterial – Dry mouth can lead to fungal and bacterial infections. Effervess contains Aloe Vera which has been known to be both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Heart Disease – Researchers have found that people with periodontal disease are almost twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease. Effervess has been known to help control Dry Mouth symptoms which helps control gum disease.
- Tooth Decay/Fights Cavities – Effervess Natural Oral care features calcium to scrape away tartar and plaque. Combined with Xylitol, the calcium not only helps strengthen your enamel, but also helps with the remineralization of your enamel.