During menopause, changing hormone levels can cause various mucus membranes to dry out including the nasal passages and genitals. Salivary glands can also be affected, often leaving menopausal and postmenopausal women with a persistent feeling of dryness in the mouth. This can be accompanied by a bitter taste, as well as problems with bad breath.
Dry mouth is a growing problem in dentistry. It can lead to extensive tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores and bad breath.
Signs You May Have Dry Mouth
- Extreme thirst.
- Waking up in the night needing water.
- Teeth feel rough like sand.
- Cheeks stick to your teeth.
- Lips feel dry.
Treating Dry Mouth
While it may seem like there is so much to manage within your health while going through the menopause transition, Dr. Carol Alvarado, AGE, creator of Effervess Natural Oral Care products provides the following tips for treating dry mouth.
- Swish with water in addition to drinking it.
- Chew sugarless gum that contains glycerin and Xylitol.
- Patients with dry mouth should have regular dental checkups. You should bring up-to-date medication list with you to your appointment.
- Alvarado created Effervess Oral Care products, which can help relieve the symptoms of dry mouth caused by menopause and various medications.
About Effervess: Your Solution for Dry Mouth
- Effervess is called “Nature’s Oral Care” because the line features Aloe Vera, which is an ancient plant known for healing, moisturizing and antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Effervess also contains Xylitol a natural sweetener from American Birch Bark found to help fight plaque build-up and strengthen enamel.
- In fact, the Effervess O2 Whitening Gel is the ONLY whitening product on the market that contains Xylitol to fight cavities.
- The Effervess line does not contain any hydrated silica or baking soda, no SLS and no harsh chemicals.
- The Effervess Aloe Vera Tooth Paste contains calcium to help strengthen enamel and reduce sensitivity, often experience by those who have dry mouth.
- Many patients who suffer from dry mouth also experience overly dry lips. The Effervess Natural Vitamin E Lip Moisturizer is designed to help moisturize, smooth, heal and repair damaged skin…naturally. Vitamin E Oil is a known natural antioxidant. Its properties aid in anti-aging and restores the normal oil balance in the skin. Vitamin E helps provide protection, soothing relief and helps soften skin and lips
Over the past few years, we often tend to ignore the significance of good nutrition in one way or the other. Still medications still help us. So it’s no wonder that online pharmacies have grown in stock over the last years. Certainly it isn’t all. Betweentimes patients who are looking for remedies to resolve hepatitis ask about sofosbuvir hepatitis c. What do you have to study about hepatitis c pill sovaldi? More information about Sovaldi available at sofosbuvir. Most patients possibly think the potency of Sovaldi is well documented. So it’s great to learn about it. Any remedy may also be used for purposes not listed in this short guide. Speak to your physician about the proper disposal of your remedy.