Dry mouth is a growing problem in dentistry. On a daily basis, Dr. Alvarado, creator of Effervess Natural Oral Care, sees patients who suffer from dry mouth and the issues associated with dry mouth including tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores and bad breath.
Dry mouth—also called xerostomia—results from an inadequate flow of saliva.
It is not a disease, but a symptom of a medical disorder and/or most commonly, a side effect of popular medications including:
- Blood pressure medications
- Pain killers
- Even neurological medications for treatment of anti-anxiety and ADHD.
The combination of two or more of these medications dramatically increases dry-mouth effects.
Dry mouth can lead to extensive tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores and bad breath.
How Effervess, Natural Oral Products Can Help You Spring into Good Oral Health
- Anti-Fungal/Anti-Bacterial – Dry mouth can lead to fungal and bacterial infections. Effervess contains Aloe Vera which has been known to be both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Fights Plaque & Strengthens Enamel – Effervess contains Xylitol a natural sweetener from American Birch Bark found to help fight plaque build-up and strengthen enamel.
- Reduces Sensitivity – The Effervess Aloe Vera Tooth Paste contains calcium reduce sensitivity.
- Gentle/Non-Burning – The Effervess line does not contain any hydrated silica or baking soda, no SLS and no harsh chemicals so there isn’t any burning usually associated with traditional toothpastes.
- Heart Disease – Researchers have found that people with periodontal disease are almost twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease. Effervess has been known to help control Dry Mouth symptoms which helps control gum disease.
- Tooth Decay/Fights Cavities – Effervess Natural Oral care features calcium to scrape away tartar and plaque. Combined with Xylitol, the calcium not only helps strengthen your enamel, but also helps with the remineralization of your enamel.