However, excessive thirst can be a sign of dry mouth.
People with dry mouth may feel their mouth is even drier than usual due to summer heat outside and air conditioning inside; which can dry out mucus membranes.
A person suffering from dry mouth is more prone to cavities and infection because there isn’t enough saliva to help wash bacteria away from the teeth.
Other Signs You May Have Dry Mouth
- Waking up in the night needing water.
- Teeth feel rough like sand.
- Cheeks stick to your teeth.
- Lips feel dry.
Dry mouth is a growing problem in dentistry. On a daily basis, Dr. Carol Alvarado, creator of Effervess Natural Oral Care products sees patients who suffer from dry mouth and the issues associated with dry mouth including tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores and bad breath!
Dry mouth—also called xerostomia—results from an inadequate flow of saliva.
- Blood pressure medications
- Pain killers
- Even neurological medications for treatment of anti-anxiety and ADHD.
The combination of two or more of these medications dramatically increases dry-mouth effects.
With regular saliva production, your teeth are constantly bathed in a mineral-rich solution that helps keep your teeth strong and resistant to decay.
Dry mouth can lead to extensive tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores and bad breath.
Treating Dry Mouth
While there isn’t any cure for dry mouth, the sooner it gets diagnosed the less damage it does to your teeth. Here are some tips for treating your dry mouth.
- Swish with water in addition to drinking it.
- Chew sugarless gum that contains glycerin and Xylitol.
- Patients with dry mouth should have regular dental checkups. You should bring up-to-date medication list with you to your appointment.
- Alvarado created Effervess Oral Care products, which can help relieve the symptoms of dry mouth caused by medications.
About Effervess: Your Solution for Dry Mouth
- Effervess is called “Nature’s Oral Care” because the line features Aloe Vera, which is an ancient plant known for healing, moisturizing and antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Effervess also contains Xylitol a natural sweetener from American Birch Bark found to help fight plaque build-up and strengthen enamel.
- In fact, the Effervess O2 Whitening Gel is the ONLY whitening product on the market that contains Xylitol to fight cavities.
- The Effervess line does not contain any hydrated silica or baking soda, no SLS and no harsh chemicals.
- The Effervess Aloe Vera Tooth Paste contains calcium to help strengthen enamel and reduce sensitivity, often experience by those who have dry mouth.
- Many patients who suffer from dry mouth also experience overly dry lips. The Effervess Natural Vitamin E Lip Moisturizer is designed to help moisturize, smooth, heal and repair damaged skin…naturally. Vitamin E Oil is a known natural antioxidant. Its properties aid in anti-aging and restores the normal oil balance in the skin. Vitamin E helps provide protection, soothing relief and helps soften skin and lips
Over the past few years, we often tend to ignore the import of good food in one way or the other. Still medications still help us. So it’s no wonder that online pharmacies have grown in stock over the last years. Certainly it isn’t all. Betweentimes patients who are looking for remedies to determination hepatitis ask about sofosbuvir hepatitis c. What do you have to study about hepatitis c pill sovaldi? More information about Sovaldi available at sofosbuvir. Most patients possibly think the efficacy of Sovaldi is well documented. So it’s great to learn about it. Any remedy may also be used for purposes not listed in this short guide. Speak to your physician about the proper deletion of your remedy.