Hormonal fluctuations throughout a woman’s life, including puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause, can affect many tissues, including gum tissue.
Throughout her life cycle, women should be aware of these hormone, and oral/overall health connections.
Gum Disease & Puberty
During puberty, an increased level of sex hormones, such as progesterone and possibly estrogen, causes increased blood circulation to the gums. This may cause an increase in the gum’s sensitivity and lead to a greater reaction to any irritation, including food particles and plaque. During this time, the gums may become swollen, turn red and feel tender.
Menstruation: It is not uncommon for gums to swell and bleed prior to menstruation. Some women may also suffer from the formation of canker sores. These symptoms typically disappear once their period arrives.
Oral birth control: Inflamed gums are a common side effect of taking the pill.
Pregnancy: There is a link between uncontrolled gum disease (and the mom may not even know she has gum disease) and pregnancy complications such as premature labor and preeclampsia (rise in blood pressure).
Menopause: Typical mouth changes that occur during menopause are red or inflamed gums, oral pain and discomfort, burning sensations, dry mouth and altered taste, especially salty, peppery or sour.
Careful periodontal monitoring and excellent oral hygiene is especially important for women who may be noticing changes in their mouths during times of hormonal fluctuation.
The good news is that Effervess Natural Oral Care line is perfect for every age and stage.
Developed by a Dentist, Effervess: Nature’s Oral Care can help relieve the symptoms of sensitive gums and dry mouth.
- Effervess is called “Nature’s Oral Care” because the line features Aloe Vera, which is an ancient plant known for healing, moisturizing and antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Effervess also contains Xylitol a natural sweetener from American Birch Bark found to help fight plaque build-up and strengthen enamel.
- In fact, the Effervess O2 Whitening Gel is the ONLY whitening product on the market that contains Xylitol to fight cavities.
- The Effervess line does not contain any hydrated silica or baking soda, no SLS and no harsh chemicals.
- The Effervess Aloe Vera Tooth Paste contains calcium to help strengthen enamel and reduce sensitivity, often experience by those who have dry mouth.
- Many patients who suffer from dry mouth also experience overly dry lips. The Effervess Natural Vitamin E Lip Moisturizer is designed to moisturize, smooth, heal and repair damaged skin…naturally. Vitamin E Oil is a natural antioxidant. Its properties aid in anti-aging and restores the normal oil balance in the skin. Vitamin E prevents water loss, provides protection and soothing relief, softens skin to help with scars and restores the natural elastic properties of skin.
Effervess: Nature’s Oral Care Products can be purchased on the Effervess website www.effervess.com or on Amazon.
Over the past few years, we often tend to ignore the importance of good supply in one way or the other. Still medications still help us. So it’s no wonder that online pharmacies have grown in stock over the last years. Certainly it isn’t all. Betweentimes patients who are watching for remedies to resolve hepatitis ask about sofosbuvir hepatitis c. What do you have to study about hepatitis c pill sovaldi? More data about Sovaldi available at sofosbuvir. Most patients possibly think the potency of Sovaldi is well documented. So it’s great to learn about it. Any remedy may also be used for purposes not listed in this short guide. Speak to your physician about the proper disposal of your remedy.